Why not take extra measures this fall to prevent yourself – and your family from coming down with a winter cold and flu? Did you know you can be successful at this even when you don’t take the flu vaccine?
Yes, the good news is that your own immune system is so much stronger than any “fake” immunity you get from a flu vaccine!
So let’s get started. Here’s a list of things to do to get prepped for your healthiest winter season yet.
- Get chiropractic spinal adjustments. The adjustment actually has been proven to boost the immune system’s functioning! Yay, Chiropractic!
- Get your doctor to test your vitamin D levels with a blood test. The normal range for adults is 30-100 ug/dl. Anything less than 30 ug means you are deficient. Vitamin D’s primary function is to strengthen your immunity. A vitamin D level that is less than 60-70 ug/dl is less than optimal. Toxicity is not seen until you hit 229 ug/dl. The dosage used to bring levels of vitamin D up is 10,000 IU vitamin D3 per day in capsule form (2 caps of 5000 IU) for 90 days. Retesting the level will tell you how the supplementation is working. Once your level hits ideal levels, you can drop down the dosage to 5000 IU three times a week.
- Start making soups. When you make soups, you can add all types of healing vegetables that not only cure you from a cold or flu (onions, garlic, ginger), but also build your strength (purple potatoes, carrots, spinach, kale, and more). Studies show those who eat soup daily are actually healthier than those who don’t.
- Take your antioxidants. That means 5000-10,000 IU vitamin A, 500-1000 mg vitamin C or more, 100-200 mcg selenium, 15-50 mg zinc, and 400 IU vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol).
- Detoxify your body. Do a colon and liver cleanse.
- Make sure your colon is working. Trapped toxins in the colon is a perfect breeding ground for viruses and harmful bacteria to grow.
- Take your probiotic. You may need to upgrade it to 100 billion colony forming units (cfu), taken once a day.
- Stop eating sugar. Sugar feeds harmful bacteria and viruses.
What’s the easiest one to do? It’s go to your chiropractor for regular visits to get your spine adjusted. Regular appointments can mean once a week or once every 2 weeks.
Give us a call today to schedule your appointment. There’s no use to being sick for the holidays!