Below are a few of the most common questions we get from new patients. If you have a question that is not listed, feel free to contact us anytime. We are always available to help.
- Do Adjustments Hurt? For most patients, chiropractic adjustments are painless. Some patients who are new to chiropractic treatments may involuntarily stiffen or resist the adjustment and feel a small amount of discomfort until they are able to relax during treatment. In addition, mild discomfort may be felt if the patient has had a recent trauma, such as whiplash, due to inflammation. However, many patients report a feeling of relief, calmness, and a sense of well being after the adjustment; others feel improved mobility.
- Once I start going to a Chiropractor do I need to keep going?Repeat visits are often necessary because our treatment is hands-on and typically requires a cumulative effect. When working in a physical way with a physical condition, repeat treatments are necessary to train the body just as repeat exercise is necessary to train for strength.
- Can a person be too young, or too old, for chiropractic care? No, there are no age limits on chiropractic care.
- When should i see a chiropractor and when should I see my MD? It depends on the approach you would like to take. We recommend seeing a chiropractor before you make any decision around surgery. We offer a more holistic approach to care, and work hard to give you a pain free life without surgery and hard medications.
- Do you accept insurance? Yes, we accept most insurance plans.